Friday, April 30, 2010

Yippeeeeee!

Ten minutes ago, I got onto my email to just do a quick check before going to bed. The computer was on, and I hadn't checked my email today, so I figured I might's well. WELL! I didn't really figure there'd necessarily be anything on there, but lo and behold, I won a book-review contest, resulting in me getting a free book, which I get to get tomorrow, if all goes as planned! So awesome. It was a review on No Impact Man, which was formulated partially from my post about it. Just in case you want to see the review, (cuz of course you do!) here it is:

Every moment I can get, I have been sneaking snatches of Colin Beavan's No Impact Man: The Adventures of a Guilty Liberal Who Attempts to Save the Planet and the Discoveries He Makes about Himself and Our Way of Life in the Process. It is the much-involved tale of how Colin, his wife Michelle, and their daughter Isabella embarked on a year-long attempt to minimize their environmental impact right from their own New York City apartment. This book is absolutely full of information, musings, and witticisms on all kinds of topics: the environment, the economy, stewardship, existentialism, intra-community relations, local and organic eating--the list goes on. It contains significantly more than I expected or bargained for, but wonderfully so. Whether you are looking for hilarity, eco-friendly tips, or just a good story about a year in the life of a little New York family, No Impact Man will draw you in and captivate you attention!

Wish me luck--who knows, it could be the beginning of my career as a famous writer;D!


Oh, and P.S.--I'M DONE! The student is done; the teacher must begin (or rather, continue). And I even have a half-day sub job for Wednesday! Woot!

No comments: