Saturday, September 25, 2010

Borrowing From an Email, While I've Got it So Concisely Written:

Here are three little internet videos that I have found helpful to both my mind and the way are relate to God and his world; maybe you've even heard of or seen them. All three videos touch on thoughts about consumerism.

"The Story of Stuff" was a video Nathaniel had me watch a couple years ago, and it gives legitimate concerns about our consumer society and why it isn't as great as a lot of Americans--Christians included--seem to think.

One of the Advent Conspiracy videos was shared with me by Brian a few months before Nate shared "The Story of Stuff" with me. (And I think I shared that one with Brian.) These videos are a specifically Christian and Christmas-oriented look at things--"stuff." I would say they're applicable to all of life, though, not only Christmas. I advise first watching "Enter the Story" then the "[AC] Promo 2009" videos, which are respectively the 5th and 4th videos down on this page. Or even better, watch "[AC] 2009 Promo" here so that you can make it full-screen and actually read the tiny print:). The other videos are probably great, too, but those are the only two I have watched, and I think it's good to watch them both, with "Enter the Story" coming first.

No comments: