Sunday, February 28, 2010

Current Life + Recent Past + Future Thoughts

Hi! I guess this is my last shot at a February post, huh? Well, I'm still student teaching, amongst other things. Two months in, two months to go; isn't that scary? My kids are so beautiful and wonderful; how do I do a REALLY GOOD job of teaching them? I feel so inadequate on that point. I know it takes practice, but will I ever do it really well? Is it just enough to love kids? I'm trying--I really am. But I am still afraid of failing these children. God, help me, please.

I am also reading Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows (last HP book). It's amazing how much I forgot from the first reading. Or have I read it twice? I know I must have listened to it first, because I didn't want to read till I'd heard it read. I like to know how to pronounce new words when I get to them, and there are plenty of things I don't know how to pronounce, really, in HP, so I let Jim Dale do the work and adopt his pronunciations, however correct or incorrect.

In even more remarkable and exciting news :), Julie Ann came to visit me today, which brightened up my life quite a bit! I miss my Pullman people; wish more could visit more often--or vice versa. We spent several hours chatting, which was absolutely, delightfully lovely:)!

The Olympics have been another highlight, besides grading writing assignments. (Kids write the greatest stuff!) An avid ice skating fan as a child, I was glad to have the opportunity to watch a good bit of skating and ice dancing these past couple weeks. I missed the last one or two winter Olympics due to the seemingly ultimately important homework:P I'm hoping the tapes of the Torino skating are still somewhere, cuz I know they taped it for me. I just didn't have time to watch anytime soon, and who knows where it is by now? I could tell you exactly where that tape was at the time, but now...

That's pretty much it. I'm constantly wondering what I'll be doing next year. I completely trust God to have it all worked out, but that doesn't keep me from wanting to be in on the plan:). At the moment, I'm going to post this blog and then fill out an app for my old school--see if that gets me anywhere:). Wish me luck, or even bettter, throw up a few prayers for me.

Thank you, and Good Night:)
~jen

No comments: