Saturday, December 26, 2009

Apparently you CAN run out of room in a blog...

Psalm 61
For the director of music. With stringed instruments. Of David.

Hear my cry, O God;
listen to my prayer.

From the ends of the earth I call to you
I call as my heart grows faint;
lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For you have been my refuge,
a strong tower against the foe.

I long to dwell in your tent forever
and take refuge in the shelter of your
wings.
For you have heard my vows, O God;
you have given me the heritage of those
who fear your name.

Increase the days of the king's [my] life,
his [my] years for many generations.
May he [I] be enthroned in God's presence
forever;
appoint your love and faithfulness to
protect him [me].

Then will I ever sing praise to your name
and fulfill my vows day after day.

[in order to glorify You, O God.]

~NIV

1 comment:

Guinevere said...

P.S. In case it is unclear, I added the stuff in brackets to kind of clarify what I understood the Psalm to be meaning.