Friday, March 20, 2009

Inspiration!

I've just been reading Orangette, a blog I'm looking forward to following semi-regularly in the future. (AKA, in the summer when I'm not spending all my time on homework, etc.) I was greatly inspired to see that its author, Molly, has been writing since July of 2004 and makes time for it still. I would like to do that, even if no one reads what I write. I love writing, and it'd be nice to look at this blog and see something besides the posts I did for Ed Tech class last semester. "Bleck" is all I have to say about them, by the way. Blogging--I'm a fan.

I prob'ly won't be back before the second week in May (yay for summer!), if by some miracle you happen to be a person who's stumbled upon this before then. If, by another miracle, you plan to return, do so after May:)

Forewarning: I write very much like I talk, in some ways, and not in others. I like big words and tend to go off on run-on-type tangents. Well, I don't just like big words. I like any words. You know, I should begin recording my vocab journal on here. I keep writing down words, and today I realized I might as well put their definitions down in a blue book so I can actually remember and refer to them in the future. This would be an excellent location. As my teachers keep telling me, the internet is a good place to store things if I want to come back for them when I'm teaching (one day at least a year and a half from now--SCARY THOUGHT!!!) without lugging yards of paper from house to house to apartment to house to who-knows-where.

OK, I think I'm sufficiently done. Good night to all and to all a good night:)

Oh--just kidding. One more thing of import: I'm reading Fairest by Gail Carson Levine who wrote Ella Enchanted. Excellent book. Call me dim-witted but I read a good portion of the latter before realizing it was a Cinderella story, and I got at least 2/3 into the former before realizing it was a Snow White story. Both excellent--I think Gail Carson Levine is a genius and magician, all in one. This week I also listened to Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson, The Girl on the Milk Carton by (I think) Carolyn B. Cooney, and (still in the middle of) Charlotte's Web by E.B. White. I don't recommend the Milk Carton one, though--cliffhanger ending. I hate cliffhanger endings, unless you can be absolutely certain they turned out well.

Anyway, now I'm just rambling off anything I can think of. I guess that's how hungry to write I am. Sorry if you're bored--go read someone else.

Good night:)

No comments: